Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ray Roberts Lake SP - Food and Pictures

Food? Well, we had to eat and of course we had hot dogs... But that's not all!
We had hobo burgers the we prepared at home. Basically, you make hamburger patties and wrap them in tin foil with some bacon, peppers, onions, whatever you want! And when your ready to eat them lay them in the hot ashes in you fire pit and let them cook for 30-45 minutes.

Apple pancakes for breakfast

"They're not burnt!" I love the slight camping burn flavor :)


Dad made a really yummy (and spicy) rice, chicken, and sausage dish in the dutch oven.
I found out that I like spicy stuff better when I'm outside freezing my fingers off :P
For dessert dad made his sopaipilla cheesecake, also in the dutch oven. Even better than the last time :)

Here are the pictures and I will post my ratings and review section tomorrow. Enjoy! :)
3 of 4 tents. I ended up not using mine (the one in the middle.)

I love my Eno hammock!!!

Just waiting for some food to be dropped...



This is my favorite picture from this weekend :)

He had a pretty big web. Found this little dude while walking around the park.

This is the swimming area. It looked pretty low... And cold.





Yes, we do bring devices to play on. Not all our time is spent on them though :)

I don't know if I've announced this or not but we have a new camping buddy :)
His name is smalls but he gets called little dude just as much.
While he gets motion sickness in the car and doesn't love the cold weather I think he has fun running around all the new places :)

There were some cool mushrooms.

We found these ones on or hike down the biking trail.


No comments:

Post a Comment